Feb 23
Guacamole9 Comments

In my opinion, everyone should have a go to guacamole recipe in their repertoire. The homemade stuff is just so much better than anything at the store. I remember my friend Bethany making some delicious guac for a girls weekend a few summers ago, so I went to her for some advice. I tweeked her recipe a little bit just switching out the lemon juice to lime. I served this as an appetizer for my Mexican meal I served last week. I made sure to set some aside so we could dip the enchiladas in it. I can’t wait until the summer when avocados are more readily available and I can make this more frequently. Blair is already asking for another round of this stuff.

Guacamole
(Printable Recipe)

What you’ll need:
2 ripe avocados
1/4 cup red onion chopped
fresh lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

What you’ll do:
Cut avocado into chunks. Coat the avocado with lime juice, use a lot especially if you are making this ahead of time. Mash the avocado gently with a fork, add in chopped red onion, mix in well. Add salt and pepper to your taste. Serve with chips!

Source: Bethany Golebiewski

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in appetizer. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Guacamole

1. Sheila says:

That’s all there is to making guacamole? It’s harder to write/spell the word than to make it! Thanks for the post.

2. Krissy says:

There are many variations to it, but most of them include cilantro, yuck! Next time I might add some chopped tomatoes, but Blair is begging me to make it again so it must have been good!

3. Chef Dennis says:

I do loved guacamole, haven’t had it in so long, now you have me craving it!
    Its nice to have some fellow bloggers in the area, welcome to foodbuzz! If you need any help don’t hesitate to ask
    Cheers
    Dennis

4. Krissy says:

Thanks so much! I crave guacamole all the time! I am hosting another Mexican themed dinner party on Sunday!

5. Kels says:

Krissy, I’ve heard that to keep the guacamole from turning brown you need to use some lemon juice. Apparently the properties of lime aren’t quite the same. (I do prefer lime juice in my guac though!)

6. melissa says:

how come i wasnt invited to this dinner party sunday?!

7. Krissy says:

Thanks Kels, I will keep that in mind for next time! It turned out fine, but my friends came over pretty early. Melissa-you are invited with the rents.

8. Shoshana says:

I love a good guacamole dip with nachos – YUM your pic looks so edible!
    Nice dish too!

9. Krissy says:

Thank you, one of our many wedding gifts :)