Oct 22
Expected to pop…9 Comments

Tap, tap…is this thing on? Is anyone still here? Well, the cat is now out of the bag, Blair and I will be welcoming our first child in April of next year! We are beyond excited that I am baking up something pretty special. It has been a long journey for us and I may just get comfortable enough to share our experience with you, after two losses and finding an incredible doctor, we are happy to be welcoming our little miracle. My daily prayers now include all of you women suffering from infertility and loss.

When I first started the blog, I thought that I would be one of those bloggers who was able to do it all when I was expecting, boy was I wrong. The first trimester kicked my butt, I had heard about the morning all day sickness, but honestly it made me feel like the biggest wimp. I was unfortunately one of those women who needed to run to the bathroom first thing in the morning to get sick, I also had nights where I couldn’t eat anything much and would get sick again. Carbs were my best friend and take out had been a God send, there was easily one week where the Wendy’s lady knew my order immediately.

Slowly,  I am starting feeling like my old self and even have been back in the kitchen cooking meals. I am still waiting on the incredible energy that the second trimester brings, but I am happy to be hungry and not nauseous anymore. As much as I would love to resume normal blogging, I think I need to ease myself back into things. I have been noticing that my priorities have been shifting a bit, and I would like to think I could also use this space to document pieces of my pregnancy, we will see what happens. As for now, I apologize for disappearing like that, but I think I have a pretty good excuse ;) . Like I said, I am excited to begin this transition from dainty chef to dainty mom.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Expected to pop…

1. Food, Faith, and Other Fabulous Finds says:

You definitely have a valid excuse. Congratulations!!!!!

2. Kristin says:

Congratulations! I’m sure you will start feeling better soon. Before you know, you might be posting in the middle of the night with a little one in your arms.

3. Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 says:

Congratulations! That is very exciting news. I was the exact same way with my first pregnancy – I thought I could do it all and cook through the nausea – nope. It’s pretty horrible. I took three months off from blogging and just tried to survive. No one can really describe how awful it is to feel sick ALL the time. So glad you are feeling better now. Also, just so you know, I’m 18 weeks along with baby #2 and it has been nowhere near as bad as the first, so hopefully you are over the worse forever. :) Looking forward to seeing cute baby pics in April.

4. Bethany says:

Excited to see you back on Dainty Chef! Can’t wait for your little one’s arrival in April 2014!

5. Krystal R. says:

Big Congrats…this was definitely one of the cutest announcement pics I have ever seen!! You are going to be one fabulous Dainty Mom! Get some rest while you can, you deserve it!

6. Shampa says:

Hey Krissy and Blair, A big congrats on this wonderful news. Best wishes and big hug from all the folks here at IFEM,

~Shampa

7. Sabrina @Neverland Nook says:

Congrats!!!! That is so exciting! After many struggles, and happily with a successful IUI we too are due with our first little one this December. So happy for you!!! :)

8. Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner says:

Congrats! Best wishes!!

9. Sandy Bates-Kenney says:

Congratulations to you both! I’m so excited for you. Glad the worst is over. A big hug. –Sandy

Add Comment Register